(NORTHUMBERLAND, ON) –Between March 27 & 28, 2017 the Northumberland detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to three complaints of break-ins in Alnwick-Haldimand Township and one in Hamilton Township.
**March 27, 2017: Alnwick-Haldimand Twp
- Archer Rd (west of Grafton). Occurred between 8:45am – 5:30pm, culprit(s) forced open a rear door and stole a gold ring with ‘to Dave love Cindy’ inscribed on it, a quantity of cash including $500 US currency and a Mega Chronograph watch.
- McDonald Rd (Castleton area). Occurred between 12:00noon – 3:45pm, culprit(s) entered through a rear door and stole a quantity of jewellery and firearms including ammunition.
- 12 gauge pump action Remington 870 shotgun
- .223 Remington bolt action rifle with scope (Scorpion Venom 30mm) and bipod
- PSE Compound bow, camouflage colour and arrows
- Woodland Dr (south of Hastings). Occurred at 3:35pm while homeowner was in basement, culprit(s) entered through front door. Nothing taken, suspect(s) fled the scene upon realizing someone was at home.
**March 28, 2017: Hamilton Twp
- Donaldson Road West. Occurred between 7:30am – 3:30pm, culprit(s) forced open rear sliding door and stole:
– 3 laptop computers (Acer, Toshiba and Gateway model P6829H serial # 1015734R00824007872200 with 17” screen)
– Dewalt 45 gallon air compressor
– a small black fire safe containing personal documents
– jewellery and a quantity of cash
– prescription medications
*The homeowner’s dog appears to have been injured as a result of the intruder(s).
Northumberland OPP is asking for the public’s assistance with these ongoing investigations and would ask that anyone with information contact the Cobourg OPP detachment at 905-372-5421 or toll free 1-888-310-1122. Or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers. 1-800-222-TIPS